Low glycemic snacks not only make you look smart and beautiful but can also keep you mentally and physically healthy. Nowadays, most people are diet conscious and are very curious to know the ways to keep themselves fit and fat. Without wasting any time have a look at the most popular benefits of these glycemic snacks, which are:
- These salts keep the glycemic level in the body low, which moderates the glucose and insulin level in your body and hence helps in maintaining a healthy weight.
- When your health is good, your mood is automatically good and when your mood is happy, you can do everything calmly, and efficiently with a more active and relaxed mind.
- It helps you to prevent various fatal diseases by making your immunity strong and active against foreign invaders
- It increased your energy level to the great extent, as you are taking a healthy diet with having low glycemic level.
List of low glycemic snacks
Many snacks are prepared on the demand of the public and many naturally have a low glycemic level. Here some of those products are listed below:
- Trail mix
- Peanut butter
- Veggies and hummus
- Fruit and cheese
- Ricotta cheese on whole-grain bread
- Greek yogurt
- Avocado toast
- Apple slices with nut butter
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Berries and plain yogurt
- Raw nuts
- Meat sticks
- Roasted chickpeas
- Cottage cheese
- Cheese and crackers
- Energy Bites
- Chia seed pudding
How to make these low-glycemic snacks?
Preparing these products is not a big deal. All you need to do is a little hard work and dedication, and you should know the right way to do your job because direction is more important than speed. It’s crucial to select a source of carbohydrates and combine it with the most suitable protein or you can use a specific plant instead of, but for this purpose, you have to study the nature of that plant. This simple formula can be applied to produce various products having low glycemic levels and are very beneficial for your health.
What factors can affect the glycemic level of food?
As you know how to prepare low-glycemic snacks, you should also know what factors naturally lower glycemic levels. These factors can have direct or indirect relation with the glycemic level in your blood.
- As many sugars are present in food products naturally, the type of that sugar matters a lot as fructose has a glycemic index of only 23, while maltose has a glycemic index of up to 105.
- Chemical formula or structure of the starch present in food
- How many times the food is passed through the refining process also has an indirect effect on GI.
- Nutrient composition of that food particle and how much fresh it is.
- Which cooking method is used for that specific food product, as it can directly affect GI
- Whenever the food product (like fruit or vegetable) is unripe, it may face hypoglycemic conditions, but once it ripens, its glycemic level increases.
How are low glycemic snacks helpful for diabetic patients?
The blood sugar level of diabetic patients is lowered by low GI snacks. In those with prediabetes or diabetes, low GI diets decreased body weight, fasting blood sugar levels, and hemoglobin A1C (a long-term indicator of blood sugar control). High GI snacks are linked to a higher risk of type 2 diabetes. In one study, it was discovered that those with the highest GI diets had up to a 33% higher chance of getting type 2 diabetes than those with the lowest GI diets, which is fatal as compared to type 1.