Exams are the assessments held annually to evaluate students’ knowledge, talent, ability, and physical fitness and are certified based on their performance. Most of the students feel highly nervous while preparing for their exam.
For many students, exams are the most stressful part of their academic year and some have panic attacks and severe nervousness when the finals are around the corner. However, students can follow these exam preparation tips to study effectively before exams.
CBSE Class 9 – Exam Preparation Tips
- Before starting with the preparations, every student should design their timetable.
- An adequate study plan helps students to complete the entire syllabus on time.
- Therefore, plan accordingly, including the study material, number of subjects, the total number of hours remaining and the concepts required to be studied every day.
- According to the examination pattern, model question paper and based on the marking scheme, always prepare your study plan.
- Collect all the necessary study materials, important notes, NCERT textbooks, and other reference materials.
- Apart from the class notes, students can also download free CBSE class 9 study materials, NCERT solutions for class 9 Science and Maths from different educational websites, prepare thoroughly and score well.
- Once after preparing, review the syllabus and cross-check whether you have covered all the topics.
Practice, practice and practice
- Practice more textbooks questions and make a note of important points that you come across while studying.
- Always do practice by writing rather than reading because, by writing, the answer will be more precise.
- Never ignore any topic, as every topic in your syllabus is essential. Therefore, understand every concept, discuss it with your friends and reach your lectures to solve your doubts.
- Concentrate more on those chapters which have the highest weightage. For example, algebra, number system, diversity in living organisms, the living world, motion, force, etc.
Clarify all your doubts before your exams
- Clear all the doubts by meeting experts or teachers.
- Make sure to have a group discussion with your friends, which helps you increase your confidence level before the exams by sharing your ideas about a subject.
- Complete all your preparations a month or week before the exams.
- Revise the running notes, practice definitions, diagrams with their labellings formulae and other equations.
- Solve all the mathematical concepts by revising the study material provided by your class teacher or coaching institute.
- Try to learn as many formulas as possible and find some shortcuts and practice more to be perfect.
- Solve model papers, question bank questions, sample papers every day, as most of the questions are repeated in the exams.
Apart from these tips, students should also have a regular break, adequate sleep, a healthy diet and regular workout as it boosts your metabolism and sets your brain into action. Last but not least, stop all the unnecessary activities during study hours, stop messaging or chatting with your friends. In addition, avoid stress and negative thoughts.
All the best.
I hope these tips will be helpful for your exam preparations.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to learn more about the exam preparation tips, model papers, NCERT solutions and other study materials, along with exciting videos by subscribing to BYJU’S YouTube videos.