As an engineer in Pennsylvania, you must be aware that an engineer must earn education credits throughout the engineering career to keep the license active. This is also referred to as professional development hours (PDH).
In Pennsylvania continuing education for engineers is mandatory to ensure that they keep learning and adapting new skills and knowledge that meet the changes in industry standards. Continuing education ensures that engineers adapt to new abilities and improve their skill sets. While the requirements, eligibility, and jurisdiction mandates differ from State to State, most US states require professional engineers to earn education credits for maintaining their licenses.
What is the Purpose of Continuing Education for Engineers?
Pennsylvania State requires engineers to continue their education as professional engineers to earn credits. Other factors include:
- The primary purpose is to renew licenses for engineers.
- To protect consumers from getting their projects done by unqualified professionals.
- Engineers must stay updated with the latest changes in technology, equipment, processes, and any change in the industry standards and regulations.
Benefits of Continuing Education for Engineers in Pennsylvania
Education requirements vary from one State to another, but mainly they include attending online classes, courses, and webinars. Most state boards require continuing education for professionals to complete online. The benefits include:
- Gaining Technical Knowledge– The primary objective of PDH is that professional engineers can gain technical knowledge and acquire skills that are based on changing industry standards. They will be well versed in technological developments and know the industry’s updated information.
- Growing in Career– As an engineer in a competitive market of Pennsylvania, you need to keep on with your education as a professional to keep yourself in the industry and also for career advancement. These courses help expand your knowledge and gain access to job opportunities in a growing industry in Pennsylvania where engineers have huge growth potential. Read more about Top 10 Educational Shows To Be Streamed In Online Classes.
- Job Satisfaction– Continuing education helps them learn new techniques and gain knowledge that makes them more prepared to develop their skills and abilities. It creates job satisfaction among engineers and opportunities to grow.
- Online Courses– One of the most important benefits of continuing education in Pennsylvania is the availability of courses online. Most engineers prefer online professional courses to continue their education in various engineering fields. These online courses, when administered by a reputed online provider, offer subject experts immediate access to certificates. In addition, these courses are approved by the board.
If you are a working professional looking for an opportunity to develop yourself professionally and increase your employability, taking advantage of these online courses is a no-brainer.
- Avoiding any Penalties– Continuing education enables an engineer to avoid any penalties and keep working as per the industry standards. The State of Pennsylvania requires engineers to earn education credits to renew their practicing license and avoid any penalties or license cancelation. It ensures that the engineer keeps their practice without any interruption or penalties.
In Pennsylvania, continuing education is a crucial part of being an engineer. As a working professional, you can easily continue your education by registering for online courses via online course providers.