Lighting options for homes have evolves into showpieces. Lamp designs are great for illuminating corners and look like art pieces as well. Chandeliers are a lovely way to add richness to your home. They add opulence and make a room brighter with styles. Chandeliers are generally made with cut-glass and reflect light to spread an even and warm glow. Depending on the tone you wish to set, chandeliers can have colored glass as well. There are many designs available in the market and should be assessed thoroughly before making a purchase.
Here are some tricks to help you decorate with chandeliers.
- Market research – There are several types of chandeliers available in the market. It is best to browse online and look at options in shops to ensure you have a fair idea of what is available. This may inspire you to look out for the one that suits your space perfectly and may give you more ideas on how to make the best use of the space available.
- Colour scheme of the room – Keep in mind the color scheme of the room and how the light will look if it reflects off of the walls. This should be kept in mind especially when you are considering purchasing a chandelier with colored glass.
- The focus of the room – A chandelier can look exquisite if placed properly. You should try to make it a point of focus in a room rather than pushing it to one corner. Let the chandelier be seen in all of its glory!
- Material of the chandelier – Chandeliers are ornate lighting options and attract attention. They are generally the focal point of the ceiling and should be synced with the rest of the furniture in the room. For example, will a beaded chandelier or a metal one look better in the room? Should the chandelier have a floral design or a geometrical design? Ensure that the vision is clear in your mind before you begin looking for one. Read more about Easy Ways to Redecorate Your Home.
- Placement – The placement of chandeliers should be well thought out before you purchase them. Whether you are placing it above a seating arrangement in the living room or above the dining table, the circumference of light should be considered and the lux levels in and around should be taken into account. If you wish to fix a chandelier that is long, then ensure that you have a high ceiling. Not enough distance between the chandelier and floor can cause disruptions while walking around and in worst cases, may also cause injuries.
- Repurpose – Repurposing vintage items or chandeliers to fit into your houses can give quite the effect. You may look at daily objects or antique fittings to make yourself a magnificent chandelier. While doing so, it is important to get a professional to assist you with the wiring and fittings.
- Types – Chandeliers have pushed the boundaries of home decoration and so can you. If you want something that will compliment your casual style, you may look at chandeliers beyond the crystal ones. The range has expanded from a simple crystal ball to ropes, paper, beads, feathers, seashells, mirrors, and a lot more.
Buy chandeliers and add a pop of sparkle to a plain space!