Google is set to roll out some significant changes to search engine results in 2021 that are likely to have far reaching effects on the greater SEO community. Although the change that comes each year is somewhat inevitable, we predict that the changes coming in 2021 are likely to redefine how SEO professionals think about SEO strategy.
As a way to stay on top of these trends and forecast how these are set to impact businesses and the search community in 2021, we have compiled a list of some of the most important SEO tips and tricks that you need to be aware of in 2021. According to one leading SEO Brisbane provider, the below list should act as a checkpoint for developers and marketers looking to get their online marketing efforts on track for 2021.
- Core web vitals is going to take centre stage
- Artificial intelligence will continue to evolve and grow
- Voice search is just beginning to grow and will play a more important role
- Target niche, long-tail keywords for faster rankings
- Featured snippets are the new position #1, position #1 is now #2
- Create new content with SEO in mind – not as an afterthought
- Create long content – Google like long content and so do your readers
- Make sure your analytics programs are setup to measure the right things
- Prioritise your web hosting and content delivery network settings
- Metadata matters – take the time to keep them well researched
- Update old content for an instant boost in rankings
- Prioritise quality over quantity of content
- Know your target audience when writing
- Focus on the page speed of your website
This is by no means an exhaustive list of items that SEO professionals should be focussing on in 2021. However, with the new page experience update that is set to roll out in the first half of 2021, we believe that SEO professionals should be firmly focussed on creating SEO strategies that deliver the best possible on-site experience for users. As Google ramps up their efforts to put UX at the front of SEO decisions, we expect to see websites that prioritise a positive onsite user experience rewarded with increased rankings and improved search engine visibility.
That’s our take on the most important tips, tricks, and points to watch in 2021. Last year was a rollercoaster year for digital marketing. We expect to see these trends continue in 2021 as many small to medium businesses continue to adapt their online marketing efforts in order to reach their target market in new ways in 2021.
The best advice that we can provide to the SEO community is to continue to prioritise the user experience in each decision that is made for search engine optimisation. We expect 2021 to be a defining year for the SEO community and expect that many of the ranking factors that were driving SEO last year will now be supplemented with key UX metrics.