The first 5G smartphone in the US was the Sony Xperia Pro, which was released on January 26, 2021. The manufacturer is only focusing on business users who will use the phone’s HDMI port to convert it into an external camera monitor and its 5G connectivity to instantly upload or live-stream content. According to a statement made public by Sony, there are presently no plans for the Xperia Pro to be sold in Europe.
Extraordinary Features of Sony’s Xperia Pro –
- Sony’s new model has HDMI input and US 5G support.
- Its hardware is very similar to last year’s Xperia 1 II (shipped with 5G support in Europe but was limited to 4G LTE in the US).
- Sony’s Xperia Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 865 processor with a 4,000mAh battery.
- Around the back, there are the same 12-megapixel wide, telephoto, and ultra-wide cameras.
- The Xperia Pro model includes a tall 6.5-inch 21:9 aspect ratio OLED display which has a sub-4K resolution of 3840 x 1644.
- Sony claims that this model has a unique four-way mmWave antenna array to maximize reception.
Sony Xperia 1 II was already an expensive smartphone at $1,200 and the Xperia Pro is more than its double price with features like 5G support and HDMI input.
HDMI input is located on the bottom of the phone which is capable of taking up to a 4K 60fps HDR video stream and works with any cameras that have an HDMI output. You can easily connect the Xperia Pro to a camera’s HDMI output, and use its big screen to get a clear view of photography. Also, you can pinch to zoom into the image displayed on the screen.
With the Xperia Pro’s 5G connectivity, it enables it to act as a live-streaming link for your camera. Also, it supports StreamLabs and StreamYard for streaming to other platforms like Twitch and Facebook Live. A built-in mobile security network visualizer app is assigned to help you find the best position to get a signal.
Sony’s Xperia Pro – A Conclusion
Sony has previously made clear that this is a device for professional users and has set the price at $2,499.99. It is now more evident and trustworthy than ever thanks to its exceptional qualities.