What are the uses of pulse oximeter?
The pulse oximeter is considered one of the most important pieces of equipment, that is used nowadays at the industrial level. You can see it everywhere, whether you are at home, in the office, or in the hospital. Nowadays, it has become a need of the hour. Here we will discuss some of the most important uses of the pulse oximeter.
- A pulse oximeter is an electronic measuring device (also known as a pulse ox) that is used to measure the saturation or concentration of oxygen present in our blood.
- It also plays a key role in the measurement of the perfusion index.
- It is also used to measure pulse rate.
People who have respiratory problems can use it to be aware of their condition. So that you may treat your patients on time by knowing their conditions properly.
Which pulse oximeter amazon is the best?
Nothing is good or bad, but its good and bad use makes it good or bad. Many pulse oximeters are produced by different brands having different features. Some of the most popular pulse oximeters are as follows:
- Hesley Pulse Oximeter Fingertip
- Dr. Trust Signature Series Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter has an audio-visual alarm with it.
- BPL Smart Oxy Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
- Health sense Accu-Beat FP 910 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- Mighty sat fingertip pulse oximeter
Some of the pulse oximeters are used for hospital purposes. And all these pulse oximeter Amazon have their specific functions.
How to use a pulse oximeter?
There is a special way to use them that you must know. Some of the most important points are as follows:
- When you want to check your vision level, you must first keep your nails real. Because if you have artificial nails or nail paint, then the results may be different. So you must aware of it.
- When you start using any of the pulse oximeters, make sure that your hands are warm and that the circulation of the blood is normal.
- As soon as you start measuring, make sure you rest for five to ten minutes before measuring so that your measurement must be accurate.
- Place your hand on your chest at heart level and keep it still for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now it’s time to switch on your pulse oximeter, and then place it on your middle finger.
- If the values keep on varying and increasing or decreasing gradually, then leave it still for some time, until the values get stable.
Hence your results are ready. The use of any pulse oximeter is not very complex. It tells your condition whether you are stable or not.
Is there any difference in their use for Covid 19 patients?
You must keep in mind all the important instructions given about covid 19. You should replace the pulse oximeter on amazon if you are dealing with a covid 19 patient. All the SOPs must be followed to control this fatal viral disease. Yes, there might be some chances when you may not get accurate results, but this may be because of some technical errors. Yeah, this may also occur due to some other issues. If you are suffering from any such issue, then consult your regular doctor.